Team Coach BLUE

Some details are being seen in the J-Squad about Teamcoach. Here you can discuss these cards
diablo14
Semi-Star player
First Name: Kris
State: Victoria
Favourite Team: Geelong

Re: Team Coach BLUE

Post by diablo14 »

DD, I could have bought all Melbourne sets 10 times over, simply because no one wants them.

You're one of about 3 people who collect Melbourne cards in the world.

I think there is one thing to keep in mind with TC and the numbers of cards produced v value.

In years to come, value will not be decided by what it said in some book, whether it's got a number printed on it or whether TC have any longevity in the industry. Value will be decided by how hard they are to find, and how badly people want them. As time goes on, there will be more collectors, and therefore more completists, I don't believe that in the years to come that TC is going to be that easy to find, particularly when you consider the attrition rates are going to be higher than Select. At that point there are going to be kicking themselves they didn't get these cards.

Remember the first rule of collecting. Something is only worth what you, or someone else, is willing to pay for it.
1400 Geelong cards and counting...

DemonDave
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
First Name: Dave
Favourite Team: Melbourne
Cards I Want: A range of Melbourne cig cards, too many to list any individually, if you have any shoot me a line!

Post by DemonDave »

Ha yeah I always used to know who I'd be bidding against on ebay when a rareish demons card came up! Kinda takes the fun out of it now only seeing Bidder2 etc.
I guess it means I can usually get cards for less, supporting an unpopular team, who are equally as diabolical onfield, has its advantages in a perverse way!
Now, wheres all those Melbourne team sets people are practically throwing out! :D

absti3
First Name: Ashley
State: Other
Favourite Team: North Melbourne

Post by absti3 »

Picked up a Jeff White his alright Predictor last week bit over $50 bargain i reckon, nice cards too . They better bring out a 1/72 set this yr :evil:

adz2332
AFLtcc HOF member

Post by adz2332 »

haha DD funny stuff!

Ok sorry to be a pain here
So
in 2000 unrelesed set ? no golds, silvers, or blues
2001 had comman, gold and silver. And comman, gold and silver with afl hologram on it? no blues
2002 had comman, gold, silver and blue?
2003 had comman, gold, silver and blue? + how to play set
2004 had comman, gold, silver and blue? + Captain Red Card
2005 had comman, gold, silver and blue? + how to play, Captain Wildcards, Star Wild Card?
2006 had comman, gold, silver and blue? + B&F and Star wild cards?
2007 had comman, gold and blue? b&f gold and silver, Captain wild card , star wildcard? no silver
2008 had comman, gold and silver blue? b&f gold and silver, Captain wild card , star wildcard

MaraudingHawks
Premiership Player
First Name: Nick
State: South Australia
Favourite Team: Hawthorn
Cards I Want: Anything Hawthorn
eBay Username: nkenny

Post by MaraudingHawks »

Also
2001 promo commons
2004 How to play
2005 Star Wild Cards (2 versions those numbered SW01- Sw16 and alternate rarer version 01-16 ie no SW)
2005 How to play (with some cards having 2 diffrerent bcaks)
2006 How to play (with some cards having 2 different backs)
2006 had generic full set checklists inserted into folders
2006 and/or 2007 had special checklists inserted into folders...one for each team
Green subway captains in there somewhere as well...2005???

Finally, I think the 2008 "blue" prize is more like platinum/silver colour based on website pictures!

adz2332
AFLtcc HOF member

Post by adz2332 »

ok cheers thanks

no to find the 2005 Star Wild Cards (2 versions those numbered SW01- Sw16 and alternate rarer version 01-16 ie no SW)
for port power grrr

diablo14
Semi-Star player
First Name: Kris
Favourite Team: Geelong

Post by diablo14 »

MaraudingHawks wrote:Also
2001 promo commons
2004 How to play
2005 Star Wild Cards (2 versions those numbered SW01- Sw16 and alternate rarer version 01-16 ie no SW)
2005 How to play (with some cards having 2 diffrerent bcaks)
2006 How to play (with some cards having 2 different backs)
2006 had generic full set checklists inserted into folders
2006 and/or 2007 had special checklists inserted into folders...one for each team
Green subway captains in there somewhere as well...2005???

Finally, I think the 2008 "blue" prize is more like platinum/silver colour based on website pictures!
How hard to find would you rate the 2001 promo's, and how can you tell them from the standard commons. Someone is selling a full set on ebay right now i'm thinking of buying for the Geelong ones, but they don't look any different. I always thought they had the big numbers printed under the player pic.
1400 Geelong cards and counting...

Villie88
AFLtcc HOF member
First Name: Vildan
Favourite Team: Kangas
eBay Username: Villie88

Post by Villie88 »

Aparentl there were only under 100 sets produced, i was looking somewhere just recently, and they are flying out the door for very very good values, i would suggest you invest in those cards, as year by year they are flying, and becoming very very much harder to find as they were not realeased.
Shinboner Spirit Bandwagon 2008

MaraudingHawks
Premiership Player
First Name: Nick
State: South Australia
Favourite Team: Hawthorn
Cards I Want: Anything Hawthorn
eBay Username: nkenny

Post by MaraudingHawks »

The 2001 promo sets were rare as hens teeth back in 2001 as CardMani*, who distributed teamcaoch back then were given 100 sets to break up and send to retailers as "case" incentives. Because they were split, promo cards did fetvh upto $5 per card.

But like a broken record, I will reiterate again, any quote of "limited" print runs with teamcoach should be taken with a grain of salt, if they are so limited why are full sets still available from same source?

Individual 2001 promo team sets should go for $5, unless it is the Essendon, Collingwood etc which fetch their usual premium, full 100 card set can be bought for $75-$85.

I put together a set back in 2001 which probaly cost $300, and I bought one 6 months ago that cost $75. Anywho....

The Promo cards are distinguihed by a blue back, hope the scan works...
2001_Promo.GIF

Return to “2008 Teamcoach”