New Software being installed, we apologise for any disturbances

Most Amazing Sales - 2012

If you see an amazing sale on ebay this is a great place to discuss it
Post Reply
BLOWN8
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Posts: 1668
Joined: 26 Jul 2008, 10:22
First Name: Darren
State: Tasmania
Favourite Team: Hawthorn
eBay Username: dazza_1563

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by BLOWN8 » 21 Dec 2012, 14:28

An AFL match worn item im sure we are all chasing :lol:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2005-AFL-Mat ... 3a7cbdcc17

SWINE
Forums Support
Forums Support
Posts: 7958
Joined: 08 Mar 2008, 18:46
First Name: Darren
State: New South Wales
Favourite Team: Carlton
Cards I Want: Kernahan Redemption
Location: Broken Hill
Contact:

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by SWINE » 21 Dec 2012, 14:35

MIght have been better off trying to sell the Official AFL Patch by itself!

beardy
Second Year star
Posts: 150
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 13:26
First Name: Luke
State: Victoria
Favourite Team: Geelong
eBay Username: beardy

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by beardy » 21 Dec 2012, 14:45

Haha, I the op shop wouldn't even take that! And then to top it off, asks for serious bidders only :lol:

SWINE
Forums Support
Forums Support
Posts: 7958
Joined: 08 Mar 2008, 18:46
First Name: Darren
State: New South Wales
Favourite Team: Carlton
Cards I Want: Kernahan Redemption
Location: Broken Hill
Contact:

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by SWINE » 21 Dec 2012, 15:00

Select might buy it and used it for match worn Umpire Cards next year!

BLOWN8
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Posts: 1668
Joined: 26 Jul 2008, 10:22
First Name: Darren
State: Tasmania
Favourite Team: Hawthorn
eBay Username: dazza_1563

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by BLOWN8 » 21 Dec 2012, 15:06

SWINE wrote:Select might buy it and used it for match worn Umpire Cards next year!
Id laugh but im too scared it will actually happen :shock: Select just dont get match worn patch cards.

Scotty_WCE
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Posts: 948
Joined: 28 Mar 2012, 08:24
First Name: Scott
State: Western Australian
Favourite Team: West Coast Eagles
Cards I Want: West Coast cards (see wantlist)
eBay Username: scotty_wce
Location: Perth

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by Scotty_WCE » 21 Dec 2012, 17:01

BLOWN8 wrote:
SWINE wrote:Select might buy it and used it for match worn Umpire Cards next year!
Id laugh but im too scared it will actually happen :shock: Select just dont get match worn patch cards.
I'm hopefully going to be making my own patch cards over the holidays, since Select can't do it right! Not match worn but a proper Eagles guernsey from the shops, hopefully they turn out alright!!
West Coast Eagles and Stephen Coniglio card collector!

Have 2074/2385 West Coast cards.
311 cards left to get!
(28/08/2019)

wce_4_lyf
Premiership Player
Posts: 725
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 11:39
First Name: Tahlia
State: Victoria
Favourite Team: west coast eagles
Cards I Want: WEST COAST EAGLES CARDS
http://afltcc.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=12348
eBay Username: revheaddk
Location: wyndham vale victoria

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by wce_4_lyf » 21 Dec 2012, 17:05

Scotty_WCE wrote:
BLOWN8 wrote:
SWINE wrote:Select might buy it and used it for match worn Umpire Cards next year!
Id laugh but im too scared it will actually happen :shock: Select just dont get match worn patch cards.
I'm hopefully going to be making my own patch cards over the holidays, since Select can't do it right! Not match worn but a proper Eagles guernsey from the shops, hopefully they turn out alright!!
Awesome u uploading a pic when ur done
WEST COAST EAGLES WANTLIST
http://afltcc.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=12348
MIXED TRADE/SELL
http://afltcc.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=13599
COLLINGWOOD COLLECTION TRADE/SELL
http://afltcc.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=13495

SWINE
Forums Support
Forums Support
Posts: 7958
Joined: 08 Mar 2008, 18:46
First Name: Darren
State: New South Wales
Favourite Team: Carlton
Cards I Want: Kernahan Redemption
Location: Broken Hill
Contact:

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by SWINE » 21 Dec 2012, 17:15

which card would sell for less, Game used Umpires patch card or port Adelaide manufactured patch card?

BLOWN8
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Posts: 1668
Joined: 26 Jul 2008, 10:22
First Name: Darren
State: Tasmania
Favourite Team: Hawthorn
eBay Username: dazza_1563

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by BLOWN8 » 21 Dec 2012, 18:37

SWINE wrote:which card would sell for less, Game used Umpires patch card or port Adelaide manufactured patch card?
Assuming the same number has been produced of each id say the Port card but only just. Good question tho.

Scotty_WCE
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Posts: 948
Joined: 28 Mar 2012, 08:24
First Name: Scott
State: Western Australian
Favourite Team: West Coast Eagles
Cards I Want: West Coast cards (see wantlist)
eBay Username: scotty_wce
Location: Perth

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by Scotty_WCE » 21 Dec 2012, 18:43

wce_4_lyf wrote:Awesome u uploading a pic when ur done
Yeah will do still very much a work in progress. My ultimate aim is to make a card for most of the players who've actually played a match, and then get them signed at training or a fan day etc
West Coast Eagles and Stephen Coniglio card collector!

Have 2074/2385 West Coast cards.
311 cards left to get!
(28/08/2019)

Scotty_WCE
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Posts: 948
Joined: 28 Mar 2012, 08:24
First Name: Scott
State: Western Australian
Favourite Team: West Coast Eagles
Cards I Want: West Coast cards (see wantlist)
eBay Username: scotty_wce
Location: Perth

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by Scotty_WCE » 21 Dec 2012, 18:45

Scotty_WCE wrote:
wce_4_lyf wrote:Awesome u uploading a pic when ur done
Yeah will do still very much a work in progress. My ultimate aim is to make a card for most of the players who've actually played a match, and then get them signed at training or a fan day etc
And I should say, I'm looking for an Eagles guernsey to cut up, so if anyone has an old one (doesnt have to be in not the greatest condition) let me know and well try to work something out! :)
West Coast Eagles and Stephen Coniglio card collector!

Have 2074/2385 West Coast cards.
311 cards left to get!
(28/08/2019)

User avatar
wogpsi
Premiership Player
Posts: 683
Joined: 15 Sep 2010, 07:59
First Name: Jovan
State: Victoria
Favourite Team: Carlton
Cards I Want: All Carlton Signatures from Select
Cards I Have for Sale: http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/communit ... ts.121445/

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by wogpsi » 21 Dec 2012, 23:05

SWINE wrote:which card would sell for less, Game used Umpires patch card or port Adelaide manufactured patch card?
hahaha lol
2013http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/communit ... ns.140329/
All Carlton Select Signatures wanted!

collingwood
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Posts: 2704
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 16:30
First Name: Jason
State: Other
eBay Username: spondee70
oztion username: spondee70
Location: Melbourne CBD mostly

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by collingwood » 23 Dec 2012, 17:28

Footy cards? When you see this sort of sale you realise how popular other things are.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330844424619 ... 500wt_1182

wce_4_lyf
Premiership Player
Posts: 725
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 11:39
First Name: Tahlia
State: Victoria
Favourite Team: west coast eagles
Cards I Want: WEST COAST EAGLES CARDS
http://afltcc.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=12348
eBay Username: revheaddk
Location: wyndham vale victoria

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by wce_4_lyf » 23 Dec 2012, 17:31

collingwood wrote:Footy cards? When you see this sort of sale you realise how popular other things are.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330844424619 ... 500wt_1182
I cant believe i threw out all my 1st edition pokemon cards :cry:
WEST COAST EAGLES WANTLIST
http://afltcc.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=12348
MIXED TRADE/SELL
http://afltcc.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=13599
COLLINGWOOD COLLECTION TRADE/SELL
http://afltcc.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=13495

SWINE
Forums Support
Forums Support
Posts: 7958
Joined: 08 Mar 2008, 18:46
First Name: Darren
State: New South Wales
Favourite Team: Carlton
Cards I Want: Kernahan Redemption
Location: Broken Hill
Contact:

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by SWINE » 23 Dec 2012, 19:10

my sister has a full set almost, they are collecting dust... are these things really worth something??

wce_4_lyf
Premiership Player
Posts: 725
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 11:39
First Name: Tahlia
State: Victoria
Favourite Team: west coast eagles
Cards I Want: WEST COAST EAGLES CARDS
http://afltcc.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=12348
eBay Username: revheaddk
Location: wyndham vale victoria

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by wce_4_lyf » 23 Dec 2012, 19:55

SWINE wrote:my sister has a full set almost, they are collecting dust... are these things really worth something??
Ud be suprised especially the shiny ones and 1st edition pikachu's are worth abit too
WEST COAST EAGLES WANTLIST
http://afltcc.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=12348
MIXED TRADE/SELL
http://afltcc.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=13599
COLLINGWOOD COLLECTION TRADE/SELL
http://afltcc.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=13495

collingwood
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Posts: 2704
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 16:30
First Name: Jason
State: Other
eBay Username: spondee70
oztion username: spondee70
Location: Melbourne CBD mostly

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by collingwood » 24 Dec 2012, 12:52

I don't know a whole lot about Pokemon cards but the first series seems to have a limited edition version and a more widespread release. Unopened packs would be worth a lot more than opened ones, but for anyone who has them sitting in the cupboard they should probably do a bit of research about their value before throwing them out. Because they are a worldwide release they have a much wider collector base and a sustainable buyers market.

BLOWN8
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Posts: 1668
Joined: 26 Jul 2008, 10:22
First Name: Darren
State: Tasmania
Favourite Team: Hawthorn
eBay Username: dazza_1563

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by BLOWN8 » 14 Jan 2013, 09:40

I feel sorry for guys like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230910073168 ... 1423.l2649
He has listed it as New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item. Then in his description he also says "in mint condition", yet when i messaged him to ask about the redemption card and its condition, or more to the point if he had written on it, he tells me it has his details on it as its the only way to redeem them. I had to imform him that its not the only way and now he will struggle to sell it to any collector with his name and address all over it. I said he should change the listing description to reflect it accurately and he didnt seem to care and looking at it he still hasnt changed it. So be careful when buying these signature off ebay already redeemed.

SWINE
Forums Support
Forums Support
Posts: 7958
Joined: 08 Mar 2008, 18:46
First Name: Darren
State: New South Wales
Favourite Team: Carlton
Cards I Want: Kernahan Redemption
Location: Broken Hill
Contact:

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by SWINE » 14 Jan 2013, 09:55

BLOWN8 wrote:I feel sorry for guys like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230910073168 ... 1423.l2649
He has listed it as New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item. Then in his description he also says "in mint condition", yet when i messaged him to ask about the redemption card and its condition, or more to the point if he had written on it, he tells me it has his details on it as its the only way to redeem them. I had to imform him that its not the only way and now he will struggle to sell it to any collector with his name and address all over it. I said he should change the listing description to reflect it accurately and he didnt seem to care and looking at it he still hasnt changed it. So be careful when buying these signature off ebay already redeemed.
Good point, i have been watching these cricket cards, the only ones selling are the unredeemed ones, hardly any redeemed ones have sold!

BLOWN8
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Recommended AFLtcc Trader
Posts: 1668
Joined: 26 Jul 2008, 10:22
First Name: Darren
State: Tasmania
Favourite Team: Hawthorn
eBay Username: dazza_1563

Re: Most Amazing Sales - 2012

Post by BLOWN8 » 14 Jan 2013, 14:18

And it sold. Just hope the buyer asked the question and knows exactly what their getting. Its actually an incorrect listing as its not true to the description, i dont care what the redemption card tells you to do, it the card has pen on it then its in no way mint like the listing says.

Post Reply

Return to “Most Amazing Sales”